In our second video of our “How to Use Case Studies in Sales” series, Julian sits down with Charles Muhlbauer, the Head Sales Coach at CB Insights, to discuss incorporating Case Studies when talking to prospective clients. Charles explains why problems resonate with customers more than results do and how reps can leverage them in the sales process.
In this video…
- Explore why studying and being familiar with customer success stories is so important to the sales team
- Realize how Case Studies can be used to position your offering
- Discover what to pay most attention to when working with Case Studies
- Recognize why the solution is not the most valuable part of a Case Study
- Understand why prospects enjoy discussing problems more than results
- Learn the value of talking about what Case Study subjects tried to do to solve a problem on their own
“Talking about problems is more interesting. Talking about results is boring. When I hear someone speak at a lecture on sales about what they messed up on, or what they were afraid of, that’s so interesting. Everyone goes through that, and when they talk about it, it resonates with you. ‘Oh, I have that fear too. I didn’t know other people have that fear, I thought it was just me.’ It’s so much more interesting to discuss.”Charles Muhlbauer, CB Insights
Want to learn more about selling with Case Studies? Check out our interview with John Barrows.